Friday, March 30, 2012

How Long Has This Been Going On?

If you've been wondering about the constant changes of layout here, I'm still exploring what Blogger can do. Clearly, it's orders of magnitude more powerful than it was when I first encountered it.

I won't attempt to reproduce the old Eternity Road layout -- I don't really need that degree of complexity any more -- but I'll be gradually importing the features I'd like to preserve over the next few weeks.

Suggestions and offers of assistance are, as always, quite welcome. My specialty is real-time engineering, with emphasis on simulation and communications. I can barely scrape by in HTML 3.2 and have never produced a Cascading Style Sheet!

4 comments:

Scott said...

I have heard from a great many parties that Wordpress is easy and infinitely better than Blogger, and that from people who have used both. I don't think you need any html or css to use it at all.

I stick with blogger because I am a bit lazy about it, and because google tends to favor blogger in searches. But if you want a really nice looking website, I've heard Wordpress is really the way to go.

(In case you hadn't heard that already...)

KG said...

Scott, I use Wordpress and although it can be occasionally frustrating, it's certainly a lot more powerful and versatile than Blogger.
The ability to filter spam and control comments without needing the captcha feature is a huge plus.

Elijah said...

Wordpress is an unauthenticated remote shell that, as a useful side feature, also contains a blog.

Weetabix said...

I have no technical advice - I'm just grateful for the free ice cream.