Friday, December 16, 2016

A Little Morning Music

     It being the Christmas season, and my morning being a bit busier than usual, in place of my usual morning tirade, please enjoy the following, which occurred at the Wanamaker Building on October 30, 2010. It involved 650 choristers from 28 different choral organizations, accompanied by the world’s largest organ.

     I’ve seen that chorus reduce hardened atheists to helpless tears. A friend once said “It’s the most dramatic demonstration of the power of music to call forth awareness of one soul that I know of.”

     To which I say “Amen:”

     May God bless and keep you all.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen! Beautiful!
Thank you, I needed that.

syd B. said...

Beautiful, indeed.

...and for those of you who could use a smile this morning.

The art of compromise.

This Christmas season, my wife informed me that she wanted a tree in every room in the house. I responded by telling her she was being absolutely ridiculous and that what she was proposing was overkill to the max. So, we compromised.

Now, we have a tree in every room in the house.

That's how its done, fellas.

Francis W. Porretto said...

"Woman" and "compromise" are antonyms. I once heard a woman say just about exactly the following:

"Let's compromise. Let's talk it out like two rational adults, then we'll do it my way."

This is why I stand before a mirror, practicing my "mean face" while saying "NO!" for at least thirty minutes every day. It doesn't help much with She Who Must Be Obeyed, but it makes me feel a little better.