Friday, October 13, 2017

Precious

     ...is a good match to her name:

     Precious is a 7-year-old, 70 pound pit bull mix. We adopted her just yesterday from the Brookhaven Town Animal Shelter, so she’s still settling in somewhat, but so far, so good.

     She’s sort of imprinted on me: goes where I go, stops where I stop, sits when I sit...sometimes where I sit. It’s like having a 70 pound weight attached to my leg. But at least we have no worries that she’ll run away looking for her previous family.

     Precious is not Rufus. We’re not trying to “replace” Rufus. But we had room for another dog in our home and our hearts, so why leave a sweet animal in a shelter for any longer than necessary? Now if I could just find a way to get a little time alone...

5 comments:

mobius said...

Awesome!!

MMinWA said...

That's super Francis!!!

HoundOfDoom said...

God love you

Groman said...

She's just insecure, probably ignored or left alone for extended time periods by her previous owners. Congratulations on the new family member.

Amy Bowersox said...

No, Precious can never replace Rufus, just as my cat Penny could never replace my dearly-departed Star. But Penny has proven to be a worthy successor. I believe and hope Precious will prove the same.